Monday, November 19, 2018

Bloodchild

My reaction to this is more or less complete confusion. I had alot of trouble understanding the setting the the names at first. They were throwing me off. I began mixing reality of normal people and insects or perhaps cockroaches. I did read this fairly fast and I was distracted. It was very interesting the read the behavior of..I dont even know what they are..creatures, insects, part human? I understand the creature from the government who is an official. But its just extremely odd. I have trouble with the setting. But i was able to see that the humans are somewhat farmed? or preserved to be sold off of some sorts?

I was able to connect on the weird fact that the characters can consume these eggs to prolong life and that ...these eggs come from the Tilc government and the official in the household is the one providing these connections? Perhaps like a caretaker of the family? The family keeps referring to the muli limbed creature as something they are grateful to have in the household. But then again, it explains that they are being sold or parceled out?  Its as if this is a take on slavery or perhaps a form of genocide?

I can see many adaptations to this story. One that I would relate this too is the genocide and slavery of the Native American population in the North American continent. The medium would be a graphic novel.  T'Gatoi would be a missionary of sort that was accepted by the tribes and also an educator or medium to communicate with the government that was being constructed at the time. The age altering aspects of the story that come from eating these eggs could be adapted into the mind altering herbal medicines that some of the tribes used for ceremonial purposes in finding themselves spiritually, and this could be used as something revealing visions of the future or peoples past etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment